Tuesday, March 6, 2012

let's be honest here

I don't remember to, or don't really like to track my workouts! 
I've done pretty well - going to spin with and without Lauren, running at the gym when it's freezing out, not drinking during the week (ok, sometimes I do). I even got Scott to go to the gym w/ me in CT last time I was there! 


anyway. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm focusing bc I'm almost 30, (less than a month!) and know that once I'm out of my 20's irresponsibility is out the window. I need to make me a priority, and I have let that slip. every excuse - I'm tired, I have plans, I forgot my sneakers, wah wah wah. excuses don't get you down a dress size! 


Today's research included this: 
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-plans/lose-weight-face-oct04-2

Every photo I see, I think, man - my face is a puffball. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? 
 (puffball) 


The link says: 


Step 1

Drink at least nine 8-ounce glasses of water a day. - I drink a bunch, but not likely enough. I guess I'll start counting! (and cut back on the coffees) 
[The article] consider[s] this a critical step because when you don't drink enough, your body goes into maintenance mode. It starts to think it's stranded on a desert island with only a tiny water supply, so it holds on to whatever moisture is currently in its system. As a result, you begin to bloat. ...Other drinks (coffee, tea, diet soda and juice) count toward your water balance, but they may contain calories, and that reduces their benefits. .

Step 2

Eat at least three servings of fruits and three servings of vegetables every day. 
Clearly I'm not doing enough of this

Step 3

Just say no to alcohol. (so so sad.) 
Whether it's in the form of wine, beer or hard liquor, it dehydrates the body, and as we now know, that only adds bloat to your face.  ok! I got it. My IPA's are making me a porker. 

Step 4

Increase your intake of calcium. Did not know this! 
A number of studies have shown that consuming at least 1,200 milligrams of calcium (from food sources, primarily dairy) each day could lead to greater loss of body fat. 

Step 5

Every day, cut 250 calories and burn 250 calories. so simple, I will have to do some simple math at the gym to see how well I'm doing, and actually track calories a bit. 

Step 6

Hold the salt. gladly! I don't like the salty direct taste of salt. Though, I eat more processed food than I should, and need to watch the sodium intake! 

Step 7

Do strength training. my friends and I have recently done this together, more often! Yay us! 
By exercising with machine weights, dumbbells or your own body weight, you maintain your body's lean muscle tissue. And the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn — even when your body is on the sofa, not the treadmill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment