Friday, July 8, 2011

vaca and getting my butt in gear

Vacation is awful for working out. A whole crew of us went to WI to visit some family and hang out for the 4th of July weekend. We spent time on the boats touring the lake, going for some pretty laid back swims, and tubing. There was lots of food, beer, and not a lot of exercise. 


So, when I flew back Tuesday, I thought - I'll go to the gym. Oops. Not quite. 
Wednesday - I went to the gym around 8ish, ran a bit, did some elliptical and crunches.


Thursday - When you join Healthworks you get a few free training sessions. Yesterday I met with Lauren, who is energetic and nice. She asked a lot of questions about what I do now, why I joined, and what my goals are. She did a few basic tests to see how my alignment is. Then, I have an actual training session with her next week when she will tell me certain things to do to work specific areas I am looking to improve. Trainers are COSTLY. Here, they let you do check ins - so you go work out alone, and then check in every month, or every 3 mos so you have a bit more accountability but not someone with you everyday. Also - this gym is all women, so I won't be as self conscious in the weight section! 


Last night, after the consultation, I ran for a mile on the tread mill, did a few arm weight lifts, stretched, did some elliptical, and left. 


Today - My friend Lauren from work (not to be confused w/ Trainer Lauren) are going to a Power Yoga class. Tomorrow, we signed up for Cardio Strike at 10a. I have yet to commit to a Sunday Night spin class!



No comments:

Post a Comment